Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:24
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 13, 2005

G'day

Mailwasher is no longer free. You can only download the Pro version, which is 30-day shareware, and the full version costs nearly 40 dollars.

Does anyone know another freeware utility that checks a POP3 mailbox, gives a list of the mails (with sizes etc), and allows one to delete unwanted mails? I'm using Windows 95, unfortunately.

Small file size preferred. I know some mail clients have this ability built-in, but I don't want another mail client.
... See more
G'day

Mailwasher is no longer free. You can only download the Pro version, which is 30-day shareware, and the full version costs nearly 40 dollars.

Does anyone know another freeware utility that checks a POP3 mailbox, gives a list of the mails (with sizes etc), and allows one to delete unwanted mails? I'm using Windows 95, unfortunately.

Small file size preferred. I know some mail clients have this ability built-in, but I don't want another mail client. Thanks.
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Poppy is the perfect solution Apr 13, 2005

Yes, there is. I've been using "Poppy for Windows" for a few years now and it's great for the tasks you mention.
Check it out:
www.yoursurfice.com/Content/Poppy/Poppy.htm

HTH,
Benjamin

P.S.: Don't know if it works with antique operating systems, though. Time to update, mate!...
See more
Yes, there is. I've been using "Poppy for Windows" for a few years now and it's great for the tasks you mention.
Check it out:
www.yoursurfice.com/Content/Poppy/Poppy.htm

HTH,
Benjamin

P.S.: Don't know if it works with antique operating systems, though. Time to update, mate!

edit: What the? This url conversion bug is driving me nuts. Hope it works now.

[Edited at 2005-04-13 12:09]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SimpleCheck looks promising too Apr 13, 2005

tectranslate wrote:

Thanks, I'll take a look. Another app which appears to work well, is SimpleCheck (previously shareware, now open source). The setup procedure is a bit complex, but it seems to work just fine and it doesn't slow my computer down.

http://www.simplecheck.net/

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:24
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Outlook Apr 13, 2005

I don't know if this is an option for Win 95 but Outlook XP (not Outlook express) does this.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PopTray seems very good too Apr 13, 2005

Rahi Moosavi wrote:
I don't know if this is an option for Win 95 but Outlook XP (not Outlook express) does this.

I think Outlook is a mail client. It would be interesting to see if Outlook XP runs on Windows 95..

The best I have found so far, is PopTray, which works on Windows 95 and all the way up. It also has plug-ins for services like Yahoo, Hotmail etc.

http://www.poptray.org/

dieter haake
dieter haake  Identity Verified
Austria
Italian to German
+ ...
I don't know why ... Apr 13, 2005

... but the new pro-version works fine for me (for free) - since November.
Give it a try

regards

didi

p.s.
.. but I will probably change to poptray (thanx)

see:
http://www.computerbob.com/software/favorites.php

[Edited at 2005-04-13 21:44]

[Edited at 2005-04-13 21:54]

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Free MailWasher Apr 14, 2005

dieter haake wrote:
... but the new pro-version works fine for me (for free) - since November.
Give it a try

Hi,
I started with the old free version in Nov. 2003, then I remember that they started sending me notices that I only had 1 month of "free" use of that version MailWasher and then I would have to start using the Pro version, which I also thought I had to buy. But, I think I went to their Web page, mailed, I really don't remember that well. The thing is that they sent me a mail like this:
Hello,

--- We recommend that you make a back-up copy of this important email ---

Congratulations and thank you for registering MailWasher Pro with limited functionality. Your registration key is:
(the key is like 1 page long)

And then I started using the MailWasher Pro 4.1.7.6., which I'm using without any problems (for 6 months now).

Good luck,
Pamela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mailwasher no longer free

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »