Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:10
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 3, 2010

Is there a quick way to change in Editor a fragment of text in lower-case to upper-case and vice versa - something like the option available in MS Word?

I was trying to find a way to customize Quick Insert toolbar to add such an option but I cannot find any way to do it

TIA
SC

Edited to amend the title

[Edited at 2010-01-03 23:02 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:10
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Select text Jan 3, 2010

and press SHIFT+F3 - this is the same shortcut as in Word.

David Jessop

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:10
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Amazing Jan 3, 2010

It works like a dream

Thank you Jerzy!

Wendy Penn (X)
Wendy Penn (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
7 years later .... Dec 12, 2017

And it still works. Thanks for helping out!

MonsieurNico
MonsieurNico
France
French to English
+ ...
Toggle case Shift+F3 no longer works in Trados Studio 2022 running on Windows Apr 7, 2023

Shift+F3 no longer works to toggle between upper and lowercase in Trados Studio 2022 running on Windows 11. Does anyone know if there is another shortcut? I have tried various combos but nothing works. It is very annoying to have to rekey everything. Thank you.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:10
English to Russian
Still the same shortcut Shift+F3 Apr 7, 2023

Can you go to File-Setup-Manage User Profiles and check what is your current user profile?

SKLIANCHUK YULIIA

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Local time: 21:10
English to Russian
+ ...
Shift+F3, but Apr 8, 2023

This works alright, but whenever I'd like to autofill a piece of text from fragment matches in Trados, I Have to Deal with This Format or THIS FORMAT BECAUSE the people who populated the TM were fond of them. There's nothing you can do to fix it, you just have to use your mouse or Shift + arrow key and correct the capitalization pattern manually after the autofill. This sucks. Dear translators, Please Don't Type Like This OR LIKE THIS (if you can). Rant over, thank you

[Edited at 2023-04-
... See more
This works alright, but whenever I'd like to autofill a piece of text from fragment matches in Trados, I Have to Deal with This Format or THIS FORMAT BECAUSE the people who populated the TM were fond of them. There's nothing you can do to fix it, you just have to use your mouse or Shift + arrow key and correct the capitalization pattern manually after the autofill. This sucks. Dear translators, Please Don't Type Like This OR LIKE THIS (if you can). Rant over, thank you

[Edited at 2023-04-08 10:06 GMT]
Collapse

SKLIANCHUK YULIIA

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Seems This Format and THIS FORMAT is what is working in Trados Studio Apr 9, 2023

Denis Fesik wrote:

[Edited at 2023-04-08 10:06 GMT]

What I do when I experience this, is that I mark the whole segment, hit Shift F3 so that the whole segment is lower case and then change the first letter to upper case manually. But I can see this is not very practical if a lot of segments have topsy turvy formating of upper case letters.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - easy way of changing lower-case to upper-case in Editor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »