Tjasa Kuerpick
Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 17:57
Member (2006)
Slovenian to German
+ ...
Oct 20, 2021

I find it rather annoying that the layout changes in the editor of SDL ( I currently use 2021) whenever I receive an editing job, especially the position of the translation results, concordance search and terminology viewer. It is in normal (preset) position when I create a my own new project however in my opinion this feature should override the preferred settings of the person from whom I received the job.

The font in the terminology list is also pretty small (looks like 5 pt... See more
I find it rather annoying that the layout changes in the editor of SDL ( I currently use 2021) whenever I receive an editing job, especially the position of the translation results, concordance search and terminology viewer. It is in normal (preset) position when I create a my own new project however in my opinion this feature should override the preferred settings of the person from whom I received the job.

The font in the terminology list is also pretty small (looks like 5 pt ) so that it can hardly read. This appeared since I bought a new large screen.
Has somebody any idea how to correct that two problems so that it becomes more user-friendly for me?
Collapse

Elena Feriani

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:57
English to Russian
You have to be a developer Oct 20, 2021

to handle those issues. Obviously you cannot change GUI unless you work for RWS.
What regards the second issue, this problem is typical for high-resolution large screens. The newer your screen is and the higher its resolution is, the smaller the font looks. You can try rescaling your screen to 150% in Windows settings (Win+I > System > Display > Scaling and layout) to fix this problem but it will entail others...

[Edited at 2021-10-20 21:40 GMT]

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
If you don't need to track changes Oct 21, 2021

You can work in translation mode, if you don't need to track changes.
I don't like that layout either and I usually set all translated segments as draft and proofread them in translation mode, then I can set all segments as reviewed if necessary.

Stepan Konev

Tjasa Kuerpick
Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2006)
Slovenian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The idea is good ... Oct 21, 2021

That is a very good idea of yours, if track changes are not needed, but in many cases they are. But I will try this out on the next occasion.

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Hi Tjasa Oct 21, 2021

I've just found out that you can track changes in Translation mode too. In the revision tab, you can select the track changes icon. It works for me.

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:57
English to Russian
But you can Oct 21, 2021

enable Track Changes in translation mode.

Just in case... Here is a video how to do that: https://youtu.be/1slsyXBSGzY?t=85

[Edited at 2021-10-21 11:27 GMT]

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
I didn't know Oct 21, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

enable Track Changes in translation mode.

I just found out!

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2021: Annoying change of layout when receiving an editing job

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »