How to show the termbase window in the revision mode?
Thread poster: Katja Fels
Katja Fels
Katja Fels  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:36
Member (2013)
Italian to German
+ ...
Apr 12, 2023

Hi all,
I have a problem with Trados. Lately I've been doing a lot of revisions and I want to run my termbases, which can be switched on, but then I don't see them on the screen. Does anyone know how to show the termbase window in the revision function? Thanks in advance.
Katja

Sebastian Witte

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 14:36
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Did you try this? Apr 12, 2023

Click on the file you want and open it with "Open for Review".
Then, in the "View" window, click on "Termbase Viewer". You will see now your termbases.
Please keep in mind that you need to have all the termbases that you want added to your project/package. (I believe you already know this).

Captura de ecrã 2023-04-12 115852

Stepan Konev
Laurent Di Raimondo

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:36
English to Russian
Term Recognition Apr 12, 2023

I think what you really need is the Term Recognition window
You can even open 3 windows: Term Recognition, Term Search and Termbase Viewer and then group them into one window. Drag one of the windows and drop it over the other window so that you can see 4-directinal buttons. Then drag the second window and drop it again over the same window. This would give you three windows in one pane.
... See more
I think what you really need is the Term Recognition window
You can even open 3 windows: Term Recognition, Term Search and Termbase Viewer and then group them into one window. Drag one of the windows and drop it over the other window so that you can see 4-directinal buttons. Then drag the second window and drop it again over the same window. This would give you three windows in one pane.
Collapse

expressisverbis

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:36
English to Russian
Drag and Drop Apr 12, 2023

After you group the three windows into a single pane, then you can also move the three tabs within the pane by dragging and dropping again. The first tab (leftmost) is shown by default.

expressisverbis

Katja Fels
Katja Fels  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:36
Member (2013)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!!! Apr 13, 2023

Yes, it works now. It seems so easy, but if you haven't any idea, it is hard to find...thanks a lot.

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to show the termbase window in the revision mode?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »