Language Processing Rules and Field Template dropdown menus are empty, cannot proceed
Thread poster: Kathleen Tunney
Kathleen Tunney
Kathleen Tunney
United States
Local time: 23:58
Member (2021)
German to English
Jul 9, 2023

Hello!

As I work my way through the eLearning course for Trados Level 1, I've come to the section where I learn about the Cloud and set up a Cloud TM.

However, the Language Processing Rules dropdown menu and the Field Template dropdown menus are empty. The workbook for the course shows those fields with Default Language Processing Rules and Default Field Template, respectively.

I can't proceed because both fields are required.

Any suggestions
... See more
Hello!

As I work my way through the eLearning course for Trados Level 1, I've come to the section where I learn about the Cloud and set up a Cloud TM.

However, the Language Processing Rules dropdown menu and the Field Template dropdown menus are empty. The workbook for the course shows those fields with Default Language Processing Rules and Default Field Template, respectively.

I can't proceed because both fields are required.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Kathleen
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:58
English to Russian
Have you seen this? Jul 9, 2023

... See more
https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/8-cloud-capabilities/42812/language-processing-rules-and-field-template

and probably this: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000013603

[Edited at 2023-07-09 22:58 GMT]
Collapse

Kathleen Tunney
Kathleen Tunney
United States
Member (2021)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Confused Jul 9, 2023

Stepan,

Thank you for the link. I'm confused about this:

"it could be that the location where you are creating your TM in, is not matching or your access rights means you can see the location where the LPR templates are.

My advice would be to see if you can find LPR and FT at the location where you are working at."

I don't know where to look to find LPR and FT at the "root" location. I'm brand new to this software. Can you provide detail?
... See more
Stepan,

Thank you for the link. I'm confused about this:

"it could be that the location where you are creating your TM in, is not matching or your access rights means you can see the location where the LPR templates are.

My advice would be to see if you can find LPR and FT at the location where you are working at."

I don't know where to look to find LPR and FT at the "root" location. I'm brand new to this software. Can you provide detail?

Thanks very much!
Kathleen
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:58
English to Russian
Nope Jul 9, 2023

No, I can't. Sorry. Because of sanctions I am banned from the RWS cloud services. I can only google for your issue (which you can do either) and suggest based on the google search results.
But did you try the second link? It seems to show how to create an LPR.

Kathleen Tunney
Kathleen Tunney
United States
Member (2021)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but... Jul 10, 2023

I know how to do that part, and when I do, my default LPR is there.

Something else is going on. I hope another forum member can suggest what to try next.

Kathleen Tunney
Kathleen Tunney
United States
Member (2021)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Jul 10, 2023

The license I am using belongs to my university, where I am a translation student. I didn't realize that the location should be the university, not "root."

Thanks anyway for trying to help!
Kathleen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language Processing Rules and Field Template dropdown menus are empty, cannot proceed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »